Teachers, staff, parents, students and community members! Submit a letter about your greatest concerns, suggestions, constructive feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will compile them anonymously and present them to the board during their meeting on Dec. 14. Letters are due this Thursday, Dec. 10.
“They never listen. Why should I submit a letter to Dear JCPS?”
1) This time it’s different. The district has never seen a movement like this before.
2) It’s now or never. With the election of our new governor, charter schools are breathing down our necks.
3) David Jones has asked for our “active, critical support“. We’re helping facilitate this since there is currently no good mechanism for the upstream flow of communication.
4) These letters are going directly to the board members, so they will not be managed, diluted, disputed, translated, or lost in the maze of bureaucracy.
5) We are documenting and categorizing your concerns and suggestions and will be holding them accountable at future meetings. Make sure your voices are heard.
6) These are our schools. We need to take them back.
7) We have to try. Our kids deserve for us to try.
8) It’s up to us to bring constructive feedback and suggestions and make sure we are heard. It’s time to put up or shut up!