Students in Ms. Weaver’s Exploring Civics Class at Doss High School recently learned about the history of desegregation, busing and current events that could impact student assignment in JCPS. They submitted the following letters sharing what they learned and their opinions on the subject, both pro and con, from the student perspective. We wanted to share their amazing letters with you.
- A Student’s Thoughts On Busing
- Busing NEEDS To Continue. Here is why.
- Busing Is Integration
- Busing Gives Students Choices And Chances
- Don’t Let History Repeat Itself
- Busing Must End, But Not Without Good Replacement
- Busing Might Save a Life
- Busing Creates a More Just Society
- Make Busing Better; Don’t End It
- Busing Provides Equal Opportunity
- Busing Should Stay
- Keep Busing For the Better of the People
- Busing is the Right Decision
- Busing Has Many Up Sides
- Busing in JCPS
- Both Sides to Busing
- Busing In Louisville
Dear JCPS offers an open-letter format. We welcome other students to submit their opinion letters here.
Disclaimers: Opinions are expressly those of the author, and not Dear JCPS. Dear JCPS is not affiliated with Jefferson County Public School system.